As one of the top scientists working for Stark Industries, William Ginter Riva was enlisted by Obadiah Stane in the reverse-engineering of the Iron Man Armor MK I with the objective to create the Iron Monger Armor. They stumbled into a dead-end, since they were unable to recreate the suit's power source, a miniaturized version of the Arc Reactor.
- Peter Billingsley portrayed William Ginter Riva in Iron Man and Spider-Man: Far From Home. Billingsley was one of the producers of Iron Man.
- "Ginter" and "Riva" were homages to Iron Man production crew members. "William" was either chosen or approved by Obadiah Stane actor Jeff Bridges who felt that name suited Billinglsey's character.
- Billingsley came up with the bald look of his character as a sign of solidarity towards Jeff Bridges who had to shave his head to portray Obadiah Stane.
- Spider-Man: Far From Home director Jon Watts described William's dynamic with Quentin Beck as that of an editor with the director of a movie.
- 2 Appearances of William Ginter Riva (Earth-199999)
- Minor Appearances of William Ginter Riva (Earth-199999)
- Media William Ginter Riva (Earth-199999) was Mentioned in
- 2 Images featuring William Ginter Riva (Earth-199999)
- Quotations by or about William Ginter Riva (Earth-199999)
- Character Gallery: William Ginter Riva (Earth-199999)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Iron Man (film)
- Spider-Man: Far From Home
- Riesman, Abraham (19 July 2019). In a Cave! With a Box of Scraps!’: How an Iconic Marvel Cinematic Insult Came to Be. Vulture. Retrieved on 19 July 2019.
|Like this? Let us know!|