- You deserve to be hated and feared -- you're a killer -- forever and ever. Amen.
- -- William Stryker src
William Stryker was a reverend living in Manhattan with his wife Kate and son John. Stryker suffered a great tragedy when his family was killed when the "Ultimatum Wave" struck New York. William miraculously survived, but could not come to grips with his grief. He attempted to lead a spiritual congregation of survivors at a special tent set up in Central Park, but was unable to successfully conduct his service. Stryker met a group of men who knew that the mutant Magneto was responsible for the Ultimatum Wave and encouraged his rapidly-growing hatred of all mutants. They provided him with armaments and weaponry acquired from a cache of destroyed Sentinels and Stryker became the leader of an anti-mutant militia. Stryker led the Purifier forces in an attack on the Xavier Mansion during the Ultimatum Wave and emerged as the only survivor after the reformed Weapon X Team led by Rogue managed to slaughter all the Purifiers present except himself. Stryker escaped and began hallucinating visions of his deceased abusive father who egged on his hatred of mutants and religious fervor until he was ready to once again strike back against the mutants.
After the reveal that mutants were the creation of human experimentation, Stryker orchestrated a massive attack in Times Square and began rounding up mutants to force them to repent under punishment of death. The X-Men appeared but were betrayed by Rogue who had made a deal with Stryker to make her normal beforehand in exchange for her services. During the struggle, the Shroud killed him by phasing her arm through his abdomen. With his last breath, he manipulated a wave of Nimrod Sentinels to kill every mutant in the country. While the numerous waves of Nimrods started hunting mutants around the whole country, others had the command to build a giant Sentinel, where Stryker's mind was transferred. With his new body, Stryker led an assault against Kitty Pryde and her team of mutants before Pryde managed to damage Stryker's machine body enough to destroy him permanently.
Cyberpathy: Stryker can mentally communicate with (and control) all forms of machinery, even biological material as the genes allowing him to suppress mutant powers. The combination of his different power uses allowed him to control sentinels and shut down the X-Gene, unconsciously.
Various weapons and armor components culled from spare Sentinel parts.
- In Ultimate X-Men #81, Beast reveals the leader of the anti-mutant conspiracy within the U.S. government that operated within the "New Mutants" story arc was an admiral named Stryker, who is also linked to the creation of the Ultimate Marvel Universe's version of the Legacy Virus.
- His rebirth as a Sentinel after his death echos Steven Lang of the main reality.
- 13 Appearances of William Stryker, Jr. (Earth-1610)
- Minor Appearances of William Stryker, Jr. (Earth-1610)
- Media William Stryker, Jr. (Earth-1610) was Mentioned in
- 7 Images featuring William Stryker, Jr. (Earth-1610)
- 1 Quotations by or about William Stryker, Jr. (Earth-1610)
- Character Gallery: William Stryker, Jr. (Earth-1610)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|