- I am not interested in conflicted antagonists. Nor, for that matter, is anyone else. People want a bad guy they can hate unequivocally. Someone whose brutal demise they can cheer without remorse. Life, sadly, rarely treats them to such a luxury. And here are all these actors, trying to muddy things with moral complexity. #### that, I say. And I'll not have it. I am not the hero in my own story. I am the bad guy. I have no end in mind that justifies my means. There are no skeletons in my closet, no abusive childhood or inciting misery that might expiate my vile behavior. Nor am I insane. I know the difference between good and evil. And I am fully capable of empathizing with the pain, emotional or physical, of others. No sociopath, I. Rather, I simply prefer bad over good. Wrong over right. Sick over healthy. Untrue over true.
- -- Winsor
Appearing in "Contagion - Chapter Three: Someone They Can Hate"
- Contagion (Winsor)
- Corruptor (Jackson Day) (Mentioned)
- Mephisto (Mentioned)
- John Wraith (Corpse)
- Man-Thing (Ted Sallis) (Named only)
- Hulk (Bruce Banner) (Named only)
- Steve Rogers (Named only)
- Sabretooth (Victor Creed) (Named only)
- Gargoyle (Paul Duval) (Named only)
- Sandman (Flint Marko) (Named only)
- The Thing (Ben Grimm) (Named only)
- Moon Knight (Marc Spector) (Named only)
- Venom (Named only)
- John Sublime (Named only)
- Night Raven (Named only)
- Bile (Tom Preston) (Named only)
- X-23 (Laura Kinney) (Named only)
- Elixir (Joshua Foley) (Named only)
- Midnight Monster (Victor Avery) (Head)
- Deadpool (Wade Wilson) (Named only)
Races and Species:
- Wolverine's Suit
- Adamantium (on Wolverine's claws)
- The Dirty Dozen (Mentioned)
- The Magnificent Seven (Mentioned)
- The Wild Bunch (Mentioned)
- Pee-wee's Big Adventure (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "Contagion - Chapter Three: Someone They Can Hate"
Wolverine escapes from one nightmare and quickly ends up in another. While attending a party, and gets infected with a chemical that causes him to hallucinate his inner torments.
When he sniffs out the source, he is captured by a tall pale man named Winsor who collects unkillable beings and tests them with an array of deadly viruses, diseases and cancers that breed inside his body.
Winsor does this for his son, the product of generations of inbreeding, in the hopes of finding a cure for his condition.
Winsor makes Wolverine an offer: put the child out of his misery, or allow him to test Wolverine's healing abilities to create a cure. Wolverine chooses the latter, the child is strapped with an explosive collar, and Winsor begins the experiment with a bullet to Wolverine's cranium.
"SOMEONE THEY CAN HATE," PART 3 OF 6. It's cover-to-cover blood-soaked action as the most extreme Wolverine monthly ever continues! Wolverine has never faced an opponent quite like Contagion, who becomes a much bigger problem if he's killed! But first, Logan must get past the aptly named Unkillables. In round two, Wolverine slashes his way past and though Slaughter, Suicide, Scavenger and Yi Yang, only to discover that their enigmatic leader is expecting him. Contagion has big plans for Logan. Big plans.
- Among the various samples taken from regenerative beings can be seen Hulk's fingernail, hair from Sabretooth and Night Raven, tissue samples from X-23, Elixir, John Sublime, Bile, Deadpool, Sandman, Moon Knight, Thing, Man-Thing, Steve Rogers, Gargoyle, a Skrull, and the head of the Midnight Monster.
- 4 Image(s) from Wolverine: The Best There Is Vol 1 3
- 1 Reprints of Wolverine: The Best There Is Vol 1 3
|Like this? Let us know!|