Appearing in "On the Edge of Darkness"Edit
- Hulk (Main story and flashback)
- Apocalypse (Appears in Flashback)
- Sabretooth (Only in flashback)
- Wolverine (Skrull Impostor) (Only in flashback)
- Generation X (Only in flashback)
- Alpha Flight (Only in flashback)
Races and Species:
- Wolverine's Suit (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "On the Edge of Darkness"Edit
The Skrulls assault the X-Men's ship in space and substitute one of their number for Wolverine. The real Wolverine is abducted on behalf of their master, and later returns to slay the Skrull imposter after the breakup of the X-Men that the Skrull had engineered.
In the present, the X-Men wonder what to make of Logan’s new persona, Death. Meanwhile, Logan, as Death, is given by his new master the mission of slaying the Hulk. As he rushes forth to obey, he reflects on his capture and transformation.
The Skrulls, who abducted him from the ship, placed him before the mysterious man, whom Wolverine with his heightened senses, recognizes as Apocalypse. Apocalypse offers him the “fulfillment of your lifelong destiny".
Logan finds the Hulk, and the two come to blows, and Logan flashes back to his capture and subsequent brainwashing by Apocalypse while the two brawl.
He is brought before Apocalypse again and forced to fight Sabretooth. After a violent fight, he emerges victorious, confident that he can overcome whatever brainwashing Apocalypse has planned. Apocalypse then strips the adamantium from Sabretooth’s body and re-bonds it to Wolverine.
In the present, Logan continues to trade blows with Hulk. They're evenly matched, and neither party claims a decisive victory, as the Hulk smashes Logan’s body to jelly and Logan nearly cuts the Hulk’s throat out. Finally the Hulk just leaves and Logan is teleported into the presence of Apocalypse, now in his usual guise, who vows that the end of the world is coming.
- There has been an ongoing feud between Hulk and Wolverine over the years, and the two have fought many times. Their battles to date, were, chronologically, in Wolverine: Origins #28, Incredible Hulk #181, Wolverine Vol 3 #50 Incredible Hulk #340, Marvel Comics Presents #55, Marvel Comics Presents #61, Marvel Fanfare Vol 2 #2, and Incredible Hulk #454 - 455, and Hulk #8.
- Wolverine and Hulk next meet in Wolverine Hulk #1.
There is a flashback in this issue that affects the chronology of the following characters:
Our favorite feral fighter made his debut in INCREDIBLE HULK #180, so it only makes sense that the green goliath brings things full circle with a guest-appearance in Logan's 25th anniversary issue! Be here to see 1. Wolverine cut loose as never before; 2. A big development that everyone has been begging for; and 3. An event that leads directly into our huge end of the Millennium opus!
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|