Appearing in "Enemy of the State: Part 2"
- Hydra (In Wolverine's thoughts)
- X-Mansion students
- Colossus (Peter Rasputin) (Photo)
- Fantastic Four
- Two employees of F.F.
- Avril, receptionist (Mentioned)
- Dawn of the White Light (Mentioned)
- Hand (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- S.H.E.I.L.D. aircraft carrier
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier
- Air Force One
Synopsis for "Enemy of the State: Part 2"
Wolverine, under the control of Hydra, is slaughtering S.H.I.E.L.D. agents left and right onboard an aircraft carrier. Fortunately, he is soon neutralized by Elektra's sais and she then tries to reason with him. Hydra's "Plan B" kicks in as a bomb detonates on the ship, allowing Wolverine to escape and hitch a ride with a shark to the surface. This leaves Elektra trapped in a flooding chamber, but she manages to get into a radiation containment suit and also escapes. Later, Elektra informs some S.H.I.E.L.D. agents that Wolverine orchestrated the entire scenario to hack into their system mainframe. The Next day, Nick Fury gives a speech to a council of authorities about the pressing situation; explaining that the Hand have been targeting meta-humans to kill and reanimate them, so that they later become their obedient assassins. The council officially hires Elektra and their next move is to brief all superhumans on the problem, to make sure they are prepared for Wolverine. As Fury's speech ends, Air Force One lands on the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier. Meanwhile the X-Mansion has taken extra precaution to safeguard the students. Shadowcat calms the student's fears before phasing past the security beams towards the room she will now temporarily share with Storm. At that moment, non-super beings are evacuated from the Baxter Building. Once the other Fantastic Four members are secure, Thing activates a forcefield over the building and declares it safe. However, Wolverine watches him menacingly from an air vent.
- This issue is Part Two of Six in the Marvel Knights story arc "Enemy of the State".
- Wolverine and Elektra have a history together starting when Elektra began to assist Wolverine (who had become feral) in regaining his humanity. (Wolverine (Vol. 2) #102)
- Elektra's history with the Hand is mentioned. She was trained by them to become a formidable assassin When she was murdered by Bullseye in Daredevil #181 the Hand attempted to reserruct and corrupt her similiarly to what they are doing now in this story arc.
- In this and the issues that follow, there are two distinct voices in Wolverine's head. One is Wolverine's own consciousness, and the other is Hydra's programming.
- There is a picture of Colossus along with three candles, perhaps left there from when Colossus sacrificed his life in Uncanny X-Men #390 He was later revealed to be alive in Astonishing X-Men (Vol. 3) #4.
- The Invisible Woman is seen (in her invisible form) entering the Baxter Building, under the cover of rainfall.
- Special thanks to Cory Sedlmeier