- Well... I hear you people have yourselves a bit of a Hulk problem.
Appearing in "Hulkbusters"
- Gamma Corps (First appearance)
- General Thaddeus Ross (Only in flashback) (See Chronology)
- Hulk (Bruce Banner) (Only in flashback) (See Chronology)
- Lucy Ryker (Only in flashback) (Death)
- Flux (Benjamin Tibbets) (Death)
Races and Species:
- North America
- South America
- Secret AIM base
Synopsis for "Hulkbusters"
Years ago, General John Ryker learns over the phone that his wife, Lucy Ryker, has been diagnosed with cancer. Moments later, he attends a meeting with General Ross, Major Talbot, Bruce Banner and others discussing how to destroy the Hulk. Banner argues that perhaps the Hulk should not be destroyed, and another scientist agrees with him, stating that the Hulk's incredible abilities warrant study rather than destruction. Ryker becomes very interested with this scientist suggests the Hulk's capability to heal could wipe out human disease.
At present time, John Ryker is observing the funeral of his wife, Lucy Ryker, from a distance. A team of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, lead by Charlie, confront General Ross, who has been on the run for months. Ross offers Charlie a chance to advance from his current S.H.I.E.L.D. position, suggesting that whoever helps him solve the current Hulk problem would earn the gratitude of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s director. Charlie lets Ross go, informing his troops it was a mistaken identity.
Meanwhile, in a secret A.I.M. base somewhere in South America, a prisoner is being tortured. When the A.I.M. agents threaten to kill him, he transforms into Griffin and takes out his capturers. His teammates Prodigy, Mess and Mister Gideon rescue him from agents in Crimson Dynamo armor.
They proceed to their target, prisoner Benny Tibets, Flux, whom they free. Their remaining teammate, Grey, arrives and kills Flux, revealing that they act on behalf of General Ryker. They receive a transmission from General Ryker informing them that they will soon be taking on the Hulk himself. Grey, in a flashback, remembers General Ross informing him of the death of his brother Glenn. In the present, as the team prepares for departure, it is revealed that Grey is Brian Talbot.
- This story takes place during the events of World War Hulk #3
- John Ryker has been on the run from the authorities after his failed attempt to capture the Hulk in Incredible Hulk Vol 2 #14-20. This was also when he used the gamma-spawned operative Flux.
- Reference is made to when Glenn Talbot was killed in action trying to stop the Hulk. This happened in Incredible Hulk #260.
Flashbacks in this story affect the chronology of the following characters:
Some characters only appear in flashback during the course of this story, but have multiple points out continuity. Those affected are:
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss World War Hulk: Gamma Corps Vol 1 1 on the forums
- 10 Image(s) from World War Hulk: Gamma Corps Vol 1 1
|Like this? Let us know!|