World War II, or the Second World War, was a worldwide conflict fought between the Allied and the Axis powers, from 1939 until 1945. The Axis powers advances was halted in the year of 1942 when Japan loses the Battle of Midway. The formal declaration of the ending of World War II is on August 15, 1945, when Japan unconditionally surrendered to the Allied Powers.
World War II was a global conflict which effected almost every country and person on the planet. The battles took place all over the world but the three main theaters of the war are below;
- WWII was mentioned for the first time in Marvel Comics in a Marvel Mystery Comics #2 text story, when the Angel (Thomas Halloway) battled against the Nazis in Grybow, Poland.
- Early issues of Fantastic Four Vol 1 state that both Reed Richards and Ben Grimm fought in World War II. However based on Earth-616's Sliding Timescale these should be considered topical references as the stories were originally published in 1961. Current Marvel Handbooks generalize Ben Grimm to having served in the military, and all references to Reed being in the army are no longer referenced. However, both can be generalized to the fact that they served in the military and took part in military conflicts, just not ones dating back to World War II.
- No trivia.
- Pages referring to the "World War II" event
- Minor Appearances of "World War II"
- Media "World War II" was Mentioned in
- Images showing "World War II"
- Event Gallery: World War II
Links and References
- Marvel Mystery Comics Vol 1
- Captain America Comics Vol 1
- Sgt Fury and his Howling Commandos Vol 1
- Captain Savage Vol 1
- Combat Kelly and the Deadly Dozen Vol 1
- Human Torch Comics Vol 1
- Marvels Project Vol 1
- Sub-Mariner Comics Vol 1
- U.S.A. Comics Vol 1
- All Winners Comics Vol 1
- All-Select Comics Vol 1
- Young Allies Vol 1
- Mystic Comics Vol 1
- World War II at Wikipedia
- World War II Wiki