The Worthy are the Serpent's elite vanguards and agents of destruction. The eight superpowered beings who can wield those hammers are granted immense magical power, and possessed by the evil spirits that are associated with the Serpent. Sin was the first one to lift the Hammer of Skadi, which transformed her into Skadi, who then freed the Serpent from his magical prison. He then sent seven more hammers to Earth, which were found and lifted by seven more people:
- Juggernaut became Kuurth: Breaker of Stone
- Attuma became Nerkkod: Breaker of Oceans
- Titania became Skirn: Breaker of Men
- Grey Gargoyle became Mokk: Breaker of Faith
- Absorbing Man became Greithoth: Breaker of Wills
- The Thing became Angrir: Breaker of Souls
- Hulk became Nul: Breaker of Worlds
Every one of the Worthy helped the Serpent to spread fear around the Earth. The first Worthy to be dispossessed was the Thing, with the help of Franklin Richards and his reality alteration powers. After the final battle when the Worthy were defeated by The Mighty and the Serpent killed by Thor, their hammers were taken away from them by Odin. Nul was the only one who seemed to be still free on Earth, for that, Hulk searched for the help of Doctor Strange.
- The way in which the arrival of the hammers on Earth is portrayed seems similar to a scene from the film Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, in which the Fallen and other Decepticons crash-land on Earth in several different locations.
- The Worthy each being able to wield a specific hammer of their own is similar to Thor being worthy to wield Mjolnir, except that their handles are long while Thor's is short.
- 16 appearance(s) of Worthy (Earth-616)
- 4 minor appearance(s) of Worthy (Earth-616)
- 2 mentions of Worthy (Earth-616)
- 12 image(s) of Worthy (Earth-616)
- 17 member(s) of Worthy (Earth-616)