Appearing in "Act of Faith (Days of Future Present Pt. 3)"
- Franklin Richards (Earth-811)
- Franklin Richards
- Fantastic Four
- Nathan Summers
- Phoenix (Rachel Summers)
- New Mutants
- Unnamed Hounds
- Tesseract Pocket
Synopsis for "Act of Faith (Days of Future Present Pt. 3)"
While X-Factor is playing jai alai and Scott and Jean bicker, a grown-up Franklin flies over New York City and decides that Ship doesn't belong there. He dematerializes it. The Fantastic Four explain that they were attacked by Franklin and call on X-Factor for help. Rachel attacks Franklin and is repelled. Jean meets her and refuses to believe she is her daughter. Sentinels attack Franklin atop the Chrysler building, and X-Factor and the Fantastic Four destroy them. Ahab uses his harpoon to turn Rachel back into his hound, but fails. He and his hounds battle X-Factor, the Fantastic Four, and the New Mutants beneath the Statue of Liberty. Torch and Bobby destroy Ahab's portal and reveal his machinery, which Scott destroys. Ahab and his hounds are immediately sucked to their own time. Franklin reappears and tells Scott that his son will be a powerful mutant, but he should never have been born, so he takes him away.
Appearing in "Tribute the First"
- Mrs. Scully
- Sam Scully (Only in flashback) (First appearance)
- Mrs. Scully's aunt (Only in flashback)
- Several Nazis (Only in flashback)
- New York
- Phoenix's grave site
- Germany (Only in flashback)
- Berlin (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "Tribute the First"
Jean lays flowers at Phoenix's grave, which is marked with her own name. Mrs. Scully tells her life story: she was a rich Jewish girl who had been sent to a Nazi concentration camp. She was allowed to live because she could dance ballet for the commandant. She moved to America, married Sam, and was rejected by her aunt for marrying outside their faith. She is an example to Jean of how to have many lives and yet remain true to herself.
- The first story is part 3 of 4 of the Days of Future Present crossover event. Though named "Part 2", this story takes place after the New Mutants Annual crossover, which is named "Part 3".
- The second story is a part of the annual story arc, Tribute. Paying tribute to characters who have died over the years.
- Beast again serves as the silent witness to Jean and Cyclops's relationship issues, as in X-Factor Annual #2 and X-Factor #54. As he muses, Jean and Cyclops are really arguing over Jean feeling trapped in her life since she absorbed Madelyne Pryor and the Phoenix Force duplicate of Jean's memories in X-Factor #38. She does not know whether her love for Cyclops is her own, Madelyne's, or "Jean"'s, wants to avoid being predestined to an outcome, and thus rejected his proposal in X-Factor #53.
- This running argument between the two has replaced their previous one, depicted in X-Factor Annual #2 and elsewhere.
- Jean meeting Rachel in this story does not help. Jean did not give birth to Christopher, but at least she has Madelyne's memories of doing so in Uncanny X-Men #200. She does not have Rachel's memories of being Jean and Cyclops's daughter.
- Neither does Cyclops, who also learns of her parentage. He knew that Rachel is from the Days of Future Past, but Rachel was afraid to tell him the truth, while others kept quiet.
- In the second story, Mrs. Scully recalls her past during World War II in Nazi concentration camps and her life after that.
- Issue includes bonus pinups of:
- The Beast/Jean Grey pinup may be from the untold story promised in X-Factor Annual #4.