Appearing in "Messiah War" (Chapter 1)
- Hope (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Cable (Nathan Summers) (Appears in flashback and main story)
- X-Men (Recap)
- Predator X (Recap)
- Hope Summers (Only in flashback)
- Albert Einstein (Mentioned)
- Leper Queen (Mentioned)
- Domino (Neena Thurman) (Mentioned)
- Deadpool (Wade Wilson) (Mentioned)
- Wolverine (Logan) (Mentioned)
- Thunderbird (James Proudstar) (Mentioned)
- Apocalypse (En Sabah Nur) (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- The Present (Main story and flashback)
- The Future (Main story and flashback)
- Earth (Main story and flashback)
- North America
- Australia (Cameo)
- Australia (Cameo) (2276 A.D.)
- Asia (Cameo)
- China (Cameo) (2381 A.D.)
- Europe (Cameo) (2510 A.D.)
- South America (Cameo) (2753 A.D.)
- Earth (Main story and flashback)
- Bishop's Future (Referenced)
Synopsis for "Messiah War" (Chapter 1)
Cyclops worries that Cable and the messiah baby, having jumped into the future, are in danger. He is angry that Bishop escaped their grasp the last time he was in the present, and has enlisted Wolverine and X-Force to go into the future to do what is necessary to keep the child safe; that is, as soon as they pinpoint Cable’s location in the timestream. Beast is able to do just that, and to ensure they don’t lose track of Cable again, Cyclops triggers X-Force’s time-travel devices, forcing the team into the future in the middle of a critical mission.
In the near future, Bishop meets a man at a bar called the Betty Noir. The man sits alone at the bar, having killed the rest of the establishment’s patrons. Bishop takes the seat next to him and tells him that Cable is intent on destroying the future, having caused global disasters at various points through the timestream - acts that Bishop is in fact guilty of - leaving only one habitable place left. Bishop tells the man if he helps him kill Cable, Bishop can give him Apocalypse. Stryfe tells Bishop he has a deal.
In a flash of light, X-Force materializes in the year 2973 in the middle of a New York City in ruins. Wolverine and Elixir in particular are furious, having been pulled out of the present before they could save Hellion, Surge, and Boom-Boom from the Leper Queen and her Sapien League. As the team argues, X-23 carves an “X” in the ground at her feet. Wolverine orders Vanisher to do recon, but Vanisher is unable to teleport for unknown reasons. Suddenly, automatic gunfire erupts; Vanisher is shot in the neck and the rest of the team scatters. Elixir rushes in to heal Vanisher and the others hide behind debris. Before X-23 can zero in on their attacker’s location, he is able to get close and levels a pistol at Domino. Domino turns and, much to her surprise, sees Deadpool.
Domino wonders how Deadpool is still alive after a thousand years. Wolverine says he doesn’t care - he just wants to find Cable. Deadpool tells them he knows where Cable is going to be, and they all begin the long walk towards Westchester. As they pass the United Nations building, X-23 catches Cable’s scent. They find Cable and the messiah child, Hope Summers, who is no longer the infant she was the last time X-Force saw her. Wolverine tells Cable they’ve come to help, but Cable scoffs and says they walked right into a trap. Cable takes Archangel and Wolverine to scout an outcropping of sleek buildings in the middle of the wasteland.
- Takes place during and immediately after X-Force (Vol. 3) #13, as well as right after Cable (Vol. 2) #12
- The Purifiers attacked Cooperstown in X-Men: Messiah Complex #1.
- Includes "Stryfe's Strike Files", detailing information on Stryfe, Wolverine, Cable, Bishop, Deadpool, X-Force, and Apocalypse written by Christopher Yost, with art by Dave Wilkins.
A flashback in this story affects the chronology of the following characters:
- "Betty Noir's" is likely a reference to "La Bete Noir," the name of an alien entity symbiotically bonded to Bishop by Stryfe.
- As either a homage to the series or a unique way of Deadpool breaching the fourth wall, Deadpool is seen wielding the Battle Rifle and Magnum from the massively popular Halo video game franchise when he first appears.
- 16 Image(s) from X-Force / Cable: Messiah War Vol 1 1
- 1 Reprints of X-Force / Cable: Messiah War Vol 1 1
- As revealed in Gambit and Bishop #4
|Like this? Let us know!|