- I fell screaming from the skies, an angel cast out of a heaven I didn't belong in. I've held life in my hands, I've stared death in the face. I got tired of never knowing which was the better alternative... Until he showed my the way... Until he showed me that an angel of death for humans -- could also be an angel of life for mutants...
- -- Moonstar
Appearing in "Liberation Through Subjugation"
- Henry Peter Gyrich
- Hardaway (First appearance) (Death)
- Nick Fury (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Professor X (Charles Xavier) (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Mutant Liberation Front
- Jacobson and other of Gyrich's guards
- Hardaway's wife and son (Mentioned)
- Project: Wideawake (Mentioned)
- Martin Strong (Mentioned)
- Foundation Center (Mentioned)
- Magneto (Magnus) (Mentioned)
- Jeb Guthrie (Mentioned)
- Joelle Guthrie (Mentioned)
- Louis Guthrie (Mentioned)
- Magnum, P.I. (Mentioned) (Topical reference)
- S.H.I.E.L.D. (Mentioned)
- Avengers (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Liberation Through Subjugation"
Henry Gyrich's Home
The new MLF goes out on its first mission. The mission is to capture Henry Peter Gyrich. They enter the grounds of his home and take out a few guards. Gyrich is inside watching the battle unfold. He sends out his bio-sentient warrior, Hardaway. The MLF call in reinforcements, Moonstar and Locus, that quickly take him out. Locus goes as far as to teleport part of his body away. She then teleports Gyrich outside and they all head off to their base with Gyrich in tow.
Cable and X-Force watch their live video feed into the Commission on Super Human Activities. They see Val Cooper talking to Nick Fury, Forge and Professor X. They are trying to come up with a way to get Gyrich back while politically keeping their noses clean. Professor X tells them the X-Men are still in Genosha. X-Factor cannot without politically saying it is okay. X-Force listens and learns that it is up to them to rescue Gyrich.
Bermuda Triangle Base
Tempo is close to leaving the team. Moonstar heads out to try to bring her back into the fold. Reignfire explains his actions to Gyrich and tells him that his Project: Wideawake is a type of genocide. Outside, X-Force has arrived and plans their attack on the base. They then head in with guns blazing.
Cannonball is the first to enter and he is taken out by an energy blast to the head. The team rushes to his aid and learn that their attacker is none other than Danielle Moonstar. Warpath takes out Forearm, while Shatterstar is about to kill Reaper. Wildside then tries to use an unconscious Siryn to help out his teammate.
Cable and Feral find Gyrich. They are about to free him when they are hit from behind by Reignfire. Reignfire tells Cable that X-Force is pretty much the same as his team. He offers Cable the options of joining his team or dying without a shred of honor.
Links and References
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 06/13/2010
|Like this? Let us know!|