- Fine then, if a boy would be king -- then a boy needs to learn how to be a man first!
- -- Cable
Appearing in "Flashed Before My Eyes"
- Wild Pack - (First appearance)
- "Professor" - (Only in flashback)
- Several Hydra agents - (Only in flashback)
- Unnamed A.I.M. soldiers - (Only in flashback)
- Baron von Strucker - (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Cable's robot servants, "Scott", "Jean" and "Hank" - (First appearance)
- High Lord (Mentioned)
- New York
- Oklahoma (Only in flashback)
- New Mexico
- Hydra base - (Destroyed)
- Earth-4935 - (Only in flashback)
- Hydra plasma generator
- Energy matrix channeler and converter
- Fiber ionic fibrillator
Synopsis for "Flashed Before My Eyes"
Sauron gloats about killing Sam. Boom Boom's yelling causes Cable to have a flashback. We're given a glimpse of Cable's past for almost the rest of the issue. He's the leader of a team called Wild Pack. They're invading a Hydra research facility in search of a stolen component. After dispatching the goons, they get inside the lab. Hammer accidentally triggers a fail-safe and Baron von Strucker's image appears everywhere. He threatens to kill them so they quickly retrieve the device and body slide out of there. It turns out that they were working for A.I.M. Later on, the team goes their separate ways. Cable ends up time sliding into the future where he's actually from. He finds out from his computer, Professor, that there's a new possible awakening. The name of the possible High Lord, Sam Guthrie. Cable decides it is his duty to train Cannonball and heads back in time, six months to a year before his Awakening. Back in the present, Sam isn't waking up. Cable wonders if he truly was a High Lord. He vents his anger on Sauron, by blowing him away.
- Issue includes a bonus pinups of Cable:
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for more info.
- It is revealed that Samuel Guthrie is called a "High Lord" and is part of the reason why Cable went into the past to lead the New Mutants. He was told by the "Professor" that he would live until the 24th century.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss X-Force Vol 1 8 on the forums
- Images from X-Force Vol 1 8
Links and References
- X-Force at Wikipedia
- X-Force at Marvel Subscriptions
- X-Force series index at Comicbookdb.com
- X-Force series index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- X-Force series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 05/31/2010
|Like this? Let us know!|