- You know nothing of Hell, mutant. Now gather your strength... because tonight, I am going to show you how to kill a demon.
- -- Ghost Rider
Appearing in "Old Ghosts (Part 3)"
- Vanisher (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Marauders (Main story and flashback)
- Sabretooth Clones (First appearance) (Main story and flashback)
- Harpoon Clones (Only appearance; dies) (Main story and flashback)
- Vertigo Clones (First appearance) (Main story and flashback)
- Scrambler Clones (Only appearance; dies) (Main story and flashback)
- Arclight Clones (Only appearance; dies) (Main story and flashback)
- Riptide Clones (Only appearance; dies) (Main story and flashback)
- Demon Bear
- The Right (Cameo)
- Cameron Hodge (Behind the scenes)
- Sabretooth (Victor Creed) (Mentioned) (Deceased)
- Harpoon (Kodiak Noatak) (Mentioned)
- Vertigo (Mentioned)
- Scrambler (Kim Il Sun) (Mentioned)
- X-Men (Referenced)
- Mister Sinister (Nathaniel Essex) (Mentioned) (Deceased)
- Hrimhari (Shadow only)
- Professor Charles Xavier (Mentioned)
- Cable (Nathaniel Summers) (Referenced)
- Apaches (Mentioned)
- A.I.M. (Mentioned)
- Hydra (Mentioned)
- Captain America (Steve Rogers) (Photo) (Mentioned as deceased)
- John Proudstar (Mentioned)
- Japan (Main story and flashback)
- Vanisher's Safehouse
- Kitakyushu Smelting Plant (Main story and flashback)
- Sinister's Lab (Main story and flashback)
- Tokyo (Referenced)
- United States of America
- Wolverine's Suit
- Legacy Virus (Only in flashback)
- Warpath's Knives
- Captain America's Uniform (Photo)
- Smile-Face Armor (Cameo)
Synopsis for "Old Ghosts (Part 3)"
Vanisher has just told X-Force he doesn’t have the vial of Legacy virus he was hired to steal. After breaking into Mr. Sinister’s lab, he says, he dropped the vial when he was attacked by the Marauders - Harpoon, Scrambler, Vertigo, and even Sabretooth, who was recently killed by Wolverine. Archangel is convinced these are just more of Sinister’s clones. Wolverine tells Vanisher he’s going to teleport the team to the lab so that they can destroy the virus and anything else they find.
Meanwhile, in Camp Verde, Arizona, Warpath has found the Demon Bear. Daggers out, he lunges at the creature’s giant paw but finds nothing but air. He’s then swatted away with force, and realizes that while the Demon Bear can touch him, he can’t touch it. Demon Bear unleashes a bellowing roar, and 97 miles away, a man on a motorcycle hears. Johnny Blaze turns, and his head becomes a flaming skull.
Warpath finds himself beaten and pinned beneath the giant paw of the Demon Bear. Suddenly, Ghost Rider arrives and whips his chain at the demon’s head. He grabs an unconscious Warpath and drags him away to safety. Sometime later, James wakes up by a campfire, with Ghost Rider sitting nearby. Ghost Rider tells James he’s going to teach him how to kill a demon.
Meanwhile, Rahne Sinclair sits alone by a window in Angel’s Aerie as a blizzard rages. The cold seems to intensify suddenly, and Rahne seems something outside that startles her.
Elsewhere, S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Morales and her supervisor review the laundry list of people X-23 has killed. But without any firsthand knowledge of her identity, they are stuck waiting on her next move.
Back in Japan, Vanisher teleports X-Force (plus Domino and Elixir) into the Kitakyushu smelting plant, a factory that also contains Sinister’s lab. The team approaches the lab doors and X-23 catches the scent of at least 14 targets. Domino blows the doors open with a grenade launcher and the Marauder clones - which include duplicates of each member - come storming into the hallway.
X-Force savagely fights the swarm of Marauder clones. Amid the chaos and with some luck, Domino finds the intact vial of the Legacy virus. However, before X-Force can make their escape, the wall of the facility explodes and a battalion of Cameron Hodge’s men in Smile-Face armor aim their sights at the team.
A flashback in this story affects the chronology of the following characters:
Links and References
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|