- These past few days... feel like I've been chasing ghosts almost… of all my regrets. All the things I lost… Still, they led me somewhere
- -- Banshee
Appearing in "Deadly Genesis"
- Banshee (Sean Cassidy) (Death)
- Iceman (Bobby Drake) (Vision)
- Polaris (Lorna Dane) (Vision)
- Prof. Charles Xavier (psychometric projection)
- New York
- Xavier Institute
- Secret Location (linked to Professor Xavier)
- Nova Scotia (Mentioned)
- Westchester County Airport
Synopsis for "Deadly Genesis"
Wolverine is the prisoner of an air force encampment, after he was found in the wreckage of a NASA space-shuttle crash. Emma Frost creatively "persuades" the racist commander-in-charge to release him into the X-Men's custody. Meanwhile, in an unknown location, Marvel Girl and Cyclops are restrained to opposing walls. Rachel is recovering from damage done to her nervous system, while Cyclops is surprisingly able to see without his visor. At the Xavier Institute, the X-Men work on getting Cerebra to operate again but Havok looses his temper. He is ordered out of Cerebra's chamber and irritably walks the subbasement halls. Alex is startled by the projection of Ice-Man and Polaris, sneaking a kiss and gossiping about him. Still bound by twisted metal, Marvel Girl picks up residual psychic images from her location. She tells Cyclops that Professor Xavier once occupied the place they are now held captive in. This is confirmed by Vulcan, who adds that Scott himself has been in the facility. Thirty thousand feet over Nova Scotia, Banshee flies towards Westchester County airport to deliver an important tape concerning the Professor. Nightcrawler and Wolverine take a jeep to pick him up, but Vulcan taps Banshee's communiqué with Kurt from; his position in the Blackbird. As Banshee's plane gets closer to the airport, the passengers notice the X-Jet flying dangerously close to their plane. Banshee exits through the airlock and lets out "one last scream" in an attempt to repel the jet. However his power isn't strong enough, and the jet collides with Banshee in a horrific explosion.
Appearing in "Darwin"
- Darwin (Armando Muñoz) (First full appearance) (First appearance chronologically)
- Mrs. Munoz
- Biltmore Academy students and teachers
- Fire fighters
Synopsis for "Darwin"
Armando Muñoz had a cruel mother who blamed him for his father leaving them. He was born with unusual features and when he was only 8, his IQ tested off the charts. Armando was offered an education at many prestigious boarding schools, but his mother enrolled him in Biltmore Academy; where he spent most of the next nine years. Armando was praised by teachers and tormented by the other students. It was this bullying that brought about his mutation. When Armando's head was submerged in a toilet bowl, he pulled himself from the water and subconsciously turned his hands rock-hard; exacting his revenge on his bullies. Armando ignored the incident but when his mother set the house ablaze, he picked her up from the ground and walked through the fire and smoke with ease. Word got around, and after extensive testing, the scientists at Biltmore deduced that "Darwin, the Evolving Boy" was a mutant, in a constant state of evolution. His mother disowns him, and this drives Darwin to jump off the roof of his school. To Darwin's surprise; his body grows lighter, his bones grow soft and he gently lands on the pavement. Later that day, a woman who is interested in helping "kids like him", arrives at the Academy to take him away.
- Two of Six - Limited Series
- Darwin doesn't make a physical appearance in the first story, but it's revealed later that he was fused with Vulcan the entire time.
- Iceman and Polaris have a romantic past and this causes doubt and confusion within Havok.
- Vulcan believes he killed Wolverine in their last confrontation
- The tape in Banshee's possession concerns the Professor and Moira's hidden anger towards him.
- Wolverine and Nightcrawler discuss the disturbing visions the X-Men have been seeing of their worst moments and fears.
- This issue marks Banshee's death
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss X-Men: Deadly Genesis Vol 1 2 on the forums
- 6 Images from X-Men: Deadly Genesis Vol 1 2
|Like this? Let us know!|