- We take the deal. We help Vulcan stop the Scy'ar Tal. And then... then it's just a matter of which side can kill the other first
- -- Havok
Appearing in "Emperor Vulcan"
- Vulcan (Gabriel Summers)
- Chancellor Araki
- Vice-Chancellor K'tor
- Imperial Guard
- Shi'ar Death Commandos
- Scy'ar Tal
- numerous others unnamed
- Grey family members (dream)
- John Grey (dream)
- Shi'ar soldiers
- Blinding Vision (Shi'ar scout ship)
- Shi'ar Warbird
- Praetorium (Imperial Gaurd ship)
- Scy'ar Tal battleships
Synopsis for "Emperor Vulcan"
Vulcan's cease fire doesn't start off very smoothly as Havok attacks his brother inside the Starjammer. Rachel seems especially eager to kill Oracle and assist the Scy'ar Tal at a price she may not be willing to pay. Still, Vulcan is able to inspire a little doubt in the Starjammers concerning the Shi'ar's new enemy. The Starjammers travel back to their headquarters and quarrel between Lilandra over the correct course of action. They come to the decision that they will temporarily ally themselves with Vulcan and stop the Scy'ar Tal threat. Later that night, Havok also proclaims that his brother must die despite what the X-Men may believe in. Meanwhile, Marvel Girl has the same nightmarish dream she has had many times before; the haunting memory of her family's slaughter at the hands of the Shi'ar Death Commandos. Korvus rushes to her bedroom, but she rejects their obvious connection. The next day the Starjammers convene with Vulcan and his Imperial Guard. As they are introduced to Chancellor Araki's guard, Marvel Girl is infuriated to discover that they are in fact the Shi'ar Death Commandos. She manifests a magnificent psionic firebird that instantly vanquishes them, before preparing to kill the Chancellor. She can see clearly in his thoughts that he personally signed her family's death warrant. Polaris manages to restrain Rachel and Havok calms her with the promise of vengeance. Later, the new alliance formulates a plan to stop "finality" and protect the M'Kraan crystal. They travel outside of Shi'ar space, to where the Scy'ar Tal weapon is located, and are astounded to find dozens of stars ready for the Scy'ar Tal to deploy at will.
- The Shi'ar Death Commandos executed Rachel Grey's family in the Uncanny X-Men story arc "End of Greys" (see below)
- Banshee's death (X-Men: Deadly Genesis #2-3)and Corsair's death (Uncanny X-Men #486), at Vulcan's hand is mentioned in this issue by Marvel Girl.
- Raza mentions Vulcan's first encounter with the Imperial Guard (Uncanny X-Men #477, #480) and how he killed a few of them.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss X-Men: Emperor Vulcan Vol 1 3 on the forums
- 4 Images from X-Men: Emperor Vulcan Vol 1 3
- Uncanny X-Men #466 - Uncanny X-Men #468 (End of Greys)
- X-Men: Deadly Genesis #1 - X-Men: Deadly Genesis #6
- Uncanny X-Men #475 - Uncanny X-Men #486 (The Rise and Fall of ths Shi'ar Empire)
|Like this? Let us know!|