Appearing in "Salvage (Part 1)"
- Rogue (Anna Marie) (Main story and flashback)
- Danger (Main story and flashback)
- Dum-Dum Dugan Skrull (Only in flashback)
- S.W.O.R.D. agents (Only in flashback)
- Shi'ar pirates (First appearance)
- X-Men (Only in flashback)
- Reavers (Only in flashback)
- Mystique (Vision)
- The Peak (Only in flashback)
- Maynards Plains (Main story and flashback)
- Boneyard Dog (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Salvage (Part 1)"
As a consequence of the attack on The Peak three months ago, an unidentified prisoner killed two S.W.O.R.D. officers and escaped custody.
In the present, Charles Xavier and Gambit eat together at a restaurant in New Orleans. Xavier wants Remy to join him when he goes to make amends with Rogue. Reluctantly, Gambit agrees. Sometime later, they touch down in Sydney, Australia. Gambit deduces that Rogue is at Maynards Plains, the X-Men’s former headquarters and the place where Rogue rid herself of Carol Danvers’ consciousness. Gambit makes Xavier promise not to push Rogue’s boundaries when they see her.
In Maynards Plains, Rogue meditates. She is trying to drive out Mystique’s consciousness from her mind, though her mother - or at least the “ghost” of Mystique inside her mind - isn’t having it. “Mystique” realizes Rogue is being watched; Rogue says the woman has been there for three days. Later, the unknown woman enters the deserted town, claiming to Rogue that she is a “social historian” and didn’t expect to find anyone there. Rogue gives her free rein of the town - everywhere except the hotel.
Out in deep space, a Shi’ar salvage vessel detects some sort of advanced technology on Earth and sets course.
The unknown woman asks Rogue about some mechanical equipment she found that suggests people were living in Maynards Plains long after the town was supposedly abandoned. Annoyed at the disturbance, Rogue walks away, but the woman calls after her using her name and says she needs Rogue’s help with a project. Convinced the woman is in fact Mystique, Rogue tells her to show her real face.
Suddenly, the Shi’ar ship arrives overhead and opens fire at the woman. She fires energy blasts back at the ship and then transforms, revealing herself to be Danger. Danger tells Rogue she has plans for her and Professor Xavier, and that Rogue will be the “conduit for [her] revenge”.
- Contains no credits inside the issue itself. Credits taken from Marvel.com's page on the issue.
- The opening scene occurred during Secret Invasion #1.
- The cover for this issue, alongside the ones of X-Men: Legacy #221 and X-Men: Legacy #222, form a connecting art: