- Look at me. Please. How many doubts you used to have. About leading us. About your own strengths, and your own instincts. And Ah know why you put those doubts away from you, Scott. Couldn't ask us to trust you if you didn't trust yourself. We needed you to be that strong. But somewhere along the way, "Ah can't afford to make a mistake" became "Nothing Ah do could ever be wrong". You hid doubts so deep, you maybe couldn't find them again now if you wanted to. But you got to try. Because Ah think they're what's gonna save you. Thanks for eveything, Scott. Tell Emma goodbye.
- -- Rogue
Appearing in "Half A Step (Part Two)"
- Rogue (Anna Marie) (Leaves team)
- Cyclops (Scott Summers)
- Emma Frost
- Marvel Girl (Rachel Grey) (Leaves team)
- Gambit (Remy LeBeau) (Leaves team)
- Frenzy (Joanna Cargill) (Leaves team)
- Warpath (James Proudstar)
- Hellion (Julian Keller) (Leaves team)
- Pixie (Megan Gwynn)
- Magneto (Erik Lehnsherr)
- Ariel (Main story and flashback) (Leaves team)
- Wolverine (Logan) (Only in flashback)
- X-23 (Laura Kinney) (Only in flashback)
- Archangel (Warren Worthington III) (Only in flashback)
- Hope Summers (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "Half A Step (Part Two)"
- Synopsis not yet written.
Veteran X-scribe Mike Carey wraps up his five-year run on X-MEN: LEGACY with a story that marks the end of an era! In the aftermath of SCHISM, the X-Men are divided. Magneto has chosen to stay with Cyclops on Utopia. Gambit has chosen to follow Wolverine to Westchester. And now Rogue must decide who she is going to follow…
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss X-Men: Legacy Vol 1 260 on the forums
- 7 Image(s) from X-Men: Legacy Vol 1 260
- Reviews about X-Men: Legacy Vol 1 260
|Like this? Let us know!|
The end of an era…
And just like that, Mike Carey’s time is up. With this particular book, that is. And these past two issues could have been better considering, but it really only was two issues. You can’t blame the guy.
I’ll make this a quick review since it’s a week late. So Rogue finally chooses (err, even though we already knew) which side to go on-and it makes sense. Korvus and the Shi’ar gang (except Hepzibah, though she wasn’t involved/hasn’t been shown in a while) are off to who knows where, and he is now their captain. Ariel is back and apparently follows Rogue. Hope we can see her some more too in Legacy soon.
Nice to see Hellion and Pixie working together; considering they’re on opposite sides after Schism, we get one last chance (maybe) to see them working together. Although with Exodus “joining” the X-Men soon, who knows..
Since Rogue was fully in control of her powers, I believe this is the first time she, ah, really made use of the whole “not being able to touch people” thing being gone. Think of it as a going away present to Magneto. Lol.
Anyways, this issue was alright. It tied up one or two loose ends, and I’m sure Carey feels closure with what he did in these two issues actually: he brought back Ariel, managed to explain away the Shi’ar gang and Korvus nicely, gave a good reason for Frenzy and Gambit’s departure (last issue), and explained Rogue and Marvel Girl’s departure as well. So I’ll give it a 4 out of 5 stars. Still not a fan of the art, but if you’re an X-Men fan, Legacy and/or Mike Carey fan, you’ll have to pick up his last issue. ;)
--Johnnybravo44 06:24, January 5, 2012 (UTC)
PS - I'm a fan of Exodus, so the next arc of Legacy is my trial run into the new creative team. I'll probably stay, but we'll see. :)PPS - This is entirely un-related, but did anyone else notice the striking resemblance between the cover of Avengers Annual Vol 4 #1 and Avengers: X-Sanction #2? Both Iron Man fighting some guy in practically the same stance, and both released on the same day. Weird…