- I was wrong. Not about me. About you. You've done what I could never do: You've united mutantkind and provided us a safe haven and a common purpose. You made it happen. Except it's suddenly not so safe. We've only just come into being, yet it may all be gone by this time tomorrow. Unless you make your first big decision as our leader a good one.
Appearing in 1st story
- Professor X (Charles Xavier) (Main story and flashback)
- Cyclops (Scott Summers) (Main story and flashback)
- X-Men (Main story and flashback)
- Angel (Warren Worthington III) (Main story and flashback)
- Emma Frost
- Kitty Pryde
- Magneto (Erik Lehnsherr) (Main story and flashback)
- Colossus (Piotr Rasputin) (Main story and flashback)
- Wolverine (Logan) (Main story and flashback)
- Rogue (Anna Marie)
- Beast (Hank McCoy) (Only in flashback)
- Iceman (Bobby Drake) (Only in flashback)
- Marvel Girl (Jean Grey) (Only in flashback)
- Havok (Alex Summers) (Only in flashback)
- Nightcrawler (Kurt Wagner) (Only in flashback)
- Banshee (Sean Cassidy) (Only in flashback)
- Polaris (Lorna Dane) (Only in flashback)
- Phoenix (Only in flashback)
- Storm (Ororo Munroe) (Only in flashback)
- Dr. Nemesis (James Bradley)
- unnamed Indian doctor
- Jono Starsmore (Only in flashback)
- Cable (Nathan Summers) (Only in flashback)
- Hope Summers (Only in flashback)
- San Francisco (Only in flashback)
- Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters (Only in flashback)
- X-Men Blackbird (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for 1st story
Before Messiah Complex came Endangered Species. This is the prelude to the X-Men Event of 2011. What does it mean to be a leader? What does it do to a person? What do the choices you make mean about the person you are? This mini-series delves into these issues and will give an X-Men reader what they need to know about their favorite mutants before everything changes in July.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss X-Men: Prelude to Schism Vol 1 1 on the forums
- 2 Images from X-Men: Prelude to Schism Vol 1 1
- Reviews about X-Men: Prelude to Schism Vol 1 1
|Like this? Let us know!|
Weekly Video Review
This review is of X-Men: Prelude to Schism #1, and I gave it a 2/5.
The book generally has the X-Men waiting around for Scott to tell them what to do about an oncoming threat. He talks with Magneto and Professor X, reminiscing about the lessons he's learned to try to make a decision.
The art is okay, no really big problems, but nothing awesome in the whole book. There needed to be one or two awesome splash pages to keep me interested in the pages and pages of flashback dialogue.
The story was extremely boring. Any X-Men fan generally knows that Cyclops was trained by Professor X and has taken over as leader of the X-Men. There's nothing new in the entire book.
It's hard to say if this series is going to get any better with 3 more issues before Schism actually even starts, but at the very least, this issue was a bust. Looks like I'll probably be skipping the other three.
— Nathan (Peteparker) (Earth-1218) (talk • contribs • email) 04:16, May 12, 2011 (UTC)