Appearing in "Schism (Part One)"
- X-Men (Main story and flashback)
- Cyclops (Scott Summers) (Main story and flashback)
- Wolverine (Logan) (Main story and flashback)
- Emma Frost
- Magneto (Erik Lehnsherr)
- Kitty Pryde
- Iceman (Bobby Drake)
- Storm (Ororo Munroe) (Main story and flashback)
- Psylocke (Betsy Braddock)
- Colossus (Peter Rasputin)
- Nightcrawler (Kurt Wagner) (Only in flashback)
- Kid Omega (Quentin Quire)
- Hellfire Club
- Black King (Kade Kilgore) (First appearance)
- unnamed members
- Avengers (Mentioned)
- X-Force (Mentioned)
- Galactus (Galan) (Mentioned)
- Bolivar Trask (Mentioned)
- Doombot (Mentioned)
- God (Yahweh) (Invoked)
- Carlton Kilgore (Only appearance; dies)
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (Unnamed)
- United Nations
- Bobby, police officer
- unnamed world leaders
- Bessy, limo driver (First appearance)
Races and Species:
- North America
- United Kingdom (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- France (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Russia (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Asia (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- North Korea (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- China (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Pakistan (Mentioned)
- Tokyo, Japan (Mentioned)
- Iran (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Pacific Ocean (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Africa (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Wolverine's Suit (Main story and flashback)
- Cyclops' Visor (Main story and flashback)
- Adamantium (on Wolverine's claws) (Main story and flashback)
- Magneto's Helmet
- Idie's doll (First appearance)
- Cerebra (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "Schism (Part One)"
In Utopia, Wolverine, who is covered in arrows and shurikens, has a short talk with Iceman before he goes to train the Lights in combat. Wolverine meets with the Lights and asks Idie about her age. When Idie replies that she is fourteen, Logan asks her should not she be playing with dolls instead of worrying about combat training. She says that she had a doll but she lost it when people tried to burn her for being a witch. Idie then asks Logan if he had any toys when he was fourteen, but Logan simply rips an arrow from his chest and leaves, saying "Class dismissed."
Logan goes to his quarters and tries to sleep when Cyclops comes into his room, telling him that he needs Logan to be his bodyguard when he goes to give a speech in an international arms control conference in Swirtzerland.
In Switzerland, Wolverine and Cyclops remember the times when they were rivals before Cyclops goes to make his speech. In his speech, Cyclops requests to the world leaders to decommission each and every Sentinel still in use. Suddenly, a hooded man comes into the conference room and reveals itself to be Kid Omega. Kid Omega unleashes an energy blast on everyone present, causing the affected to reveal the deepest, darkest secrets. Wolverine and Cyclops are unaffected due to their psychic defenses. As they try to pursue Kid Omega, a group of human-sized Sentinels attack them. Wolverine and Cyclops defeat the Sentinels and watch a transmission broadcasted by Kid Omega, who says that he has exposed the lies of the world leaders and advises the mutant race to fight back against humanity. Although Wolverine wants to track Kid Omega down, Cyclops tells him not to, deciding to return to Utopia to see what happens next.
Meanwhile, Carlton Kilgore, a weapons builder, announces that all his weapons will be half-priced before leaving in his flying car. In the car, Carlton's son, Kade, threatens him with a gun, telling him that he just convinced his company's board of directors to make him CEO. Carlton's driver, Bessy, is also Kade's accomplice. Kade then kills his father and tells Bessy to take him to the clubhouse.
In Utopia, Cyclops, Emma, Magneto and Namor discuss the recent events while Wolverine meets up with Kitty in the hall. Kitty gives Wolverine a box, and Wolverine goes to the kitchen, where he finds Idie eating ice cream. Wolverine gives Idie the box, which contains a doll. Idie thanks Logan for the gift and invites him to eat ice cream with her, to which he accepts.
Later, Cyclops, Emma, Magneto, Namor and Hope watch a news broadcast that reveals that several countries are activating several Sentinels. Wolverine and Idie join them in watching the news. Cyclops tells Emma to go to Cerebra and make sure that everyone with a functioning X-gene has seen the news. Storm tells Cyclops not to overreact, but Emma replies that the world has just stuck its gun to their face. When Storm asks what they should do, Cyclops says not to blink.
Meanwhile, Kade meets with a group of hooded figures, who reveal themselves as the new Hellfire Club and declare Kade as their new Black King.
The X-Men event of the decade starts here! It’s never been a more dangerous time to be a mutant. Even with their numbers at a record low, the world refuses to trust mutantkind...and after a mutant-triggered international incident, anti-mutant hatred hits new heights. Of course it’s at this moment, when the mutant race needs most to stand together, that a split begins that will tear apart the very foundation of the X-Men. From superstar writer and Marvel Architect Jason Aaron and a full roster of comics’ top artists, this is an X-tale that will reverberate for years to come! Come October, the X-Men landscape will be irreparably changed.
Wolverine last appeared in Wolverine Vol. 4 #16