Appearing in "Old Soldiers"
- Wolverine (Logan) (Main story and flashback)
- Captain America (Steve Rogers) (Only in flashback)
- Andre Cocteau (First appearance) (Deceased in main story and alive in flashback)
- Red Skull (Johann Shmidt) (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Captain Samuel Sawyer (Only appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Justine (Only appearance) (Main story and flashback)
- Howling Commandos (Only appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Earth-92131 (Main story and flashback)
- Captain America's Shield (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Sleeper (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "Old Soldiers"
Wolverine thinks back to the time when he fought during World War II and teamed up with Captain America. Red Skull employed a team of scientists, led by Andre Cocteau (who was in fact an Allied spy), to build an unstoppable army of super-androids.
Captain America and Logan of Canada were sent by Captain Sawyer deep into enemy territory to rescue the "kidnapped" Cocteau. They encountered the Red Skull himself in France and met with heavy resistance. They retreated, believing Cocteau set them up. Months later, the Red Skull's plan was sabotaged by Cocteau. The Red Skull's fate after the war is unclear (though it would later be revealed).
- This episode is loosely based on The Uncanny X-Men #268.