The X-Men are a superhero team consisting solely of mutants. All members are students of Professor X, and have been trained into a superhero team by him mainly to maintain peace between humanity and mutantkind. 2 of their members, Cyclops and Beast, had been invited by Tony Stark to attend the presentation of the DISKs, but while there fell victim to Loki and, just like the Avengers, got trapped in the DISKs themselves. In the aftermath of these events, Wolverine tracked down their DISKs to keep them out of the wrong hands, and was send to Techno Isle by professor X to try and find a new mutant, Noriko Ashida, whose powers could potentially be used to free the captured X-Men and Avengers from their DISKs.
When Noriko was tricked by Okuma Jubei to steal the Avengers' DISKs for him under the false pretense that he would remove her powers if she did, the X-Men came to the aid of the Avengers' young partners. Together, they figured out where Loki's base was and went there to get the stolen DISKs back. They defeated the Destroyers guarding the palace, but then found themselves under attack from a group of Sentinels. These were defeated when their old enemy, Magneto, came to their aid in an attempt to recruit Noriko for his team. Once inside the palace, the X-Men and the kids were confronted by M.O.D.O.K., Baron Zemo, Abomination, Tiger Shark, Graviton and Sabretooth. The X-Men fought them off to buy the kids time to find their Partners, and actually managed to defeat the villains.
After Loki was defeated, the X-Men went back to America, with Noriko now as a new member.
- The X-Men as a team first appear in episode 20, though individual members like Cyclops and Wolverine have shown up in the series as early as episode 1, and prior to their first appearance the team has been mentioned a couple of times.
With the exception of Beast instead of Psylocke, the known members of the X-men in this continuity are the same who are playable characters in Capcom's X-Men: Children of the Atom.
- 8 X-Men (Earth-14042) Members
- 5 Appearances of X-Men (Earth-14042)
- Minor Appearances of X-Men (Earth-14042)
- 2 Media X-Men (Earth-14042) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images that include X-Men (Earth-14042)
- Team Gallery: X-Men (Earth-14042)