- Greetings, X-Men. I bid you welcome to the site of your final battleground. You are going to die here, mutants. And neither your powers nor all your skills can save you from my wrath! Look on me, X-Men for I am your oldest, deadliest foe. Master of the legion of evil mutants -- and soon to be lord of all the world! I -- am -- Magneto!!
- -- Magneto
Appearing in "The Gentleman's Name is Magneto"
- The X-Men
- Professor X (Charles Xavier)
- Phoenix (Jean Grey)
- Moira MacTaggert
- Multiple Man (Jamie Madrox) - (Main story and flashback)
- Havok - (Main story and flashback)
- Polaris - (Main story and flashback)
- Dragonfly - (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Starjammers (First appearance)
- Lilandra - (First full appearance)
- Misty Knight
- Angus MacWhirter (First appearance)
- John Grey
- Elaine Grey
- Unknown Scottish sailors
- Stornoway, Scotland
- Muir Island, Scotland (First appearance)
- Greenwich Village, New York City, New York
- Angus MacWhirter's hovercraft - (Destroyed)
- Starjammer (First appearance)
- X-Men Blackbird (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The Gentleman's Name is Magneto"
The X-Men are sent to Moira MacTaggert’s Island because she hasn’t heard from Jamie Madrox, who she left in charge. As they approach, their hovercraft is pulled apart by some force from the island. They are attacked when they reach shore and Banshee speculates that only one person could attack them like this. Sure enough, Magneto appears and begins to pummel the New X-Men. Cyclops and Moira show up at the back of the island and we get an injured Jamie Madrox’s flashback of Polaris, Havok, and Erik the Red showing up and turning baby Magneto into full-grown Magneto. Cyclops is worried, shows up at the battle just in time to stun Magneto and helps the rest of the X-Men retreat. Meanwhile, the Starjammers are somewhere in space, and Polaris, Havok, and Erik the Red are about to ambush Professor X and Phoenix.
- This issue reintroduces Magneto into the post-original team era of the series. Magneto was previously turned into a baby in Defenders #16.
- Features the brief first appearance of Corsair and the Starjammers.
- The Multiple Man makes his first appearance in an X-Men comic. He previously appeared in Giant Size Fantastic Four #4.
- First appearance of Muir Island. We learn that there's more to Moira MacTaggert than housekeeping.
- Angus MacWhirter would appear again in issue #119 and Cable #-1.
- This issue is reprinted in many other comics and books, see references for more info.
- The cover art mimics that of X-Men #1, with only Cyclops and Magneto reappearing (though Magneto is in a different pose).
- Mutant X's cell is briefly seen. This character will later encounter the X-Men in issues 125-128.
- A cell is seen housing Unus on Muir Island.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss X-Men Vol 1 104 on the forums
- 4 Images from X-Men Vol 1 104
- 4 Reprints of X-Men Vol 1 104
- Eric the Red has released Magneto to distract the X-Men. Previous issues featuring Eric the Red's manipulations include X-Men #97.
- X-Men #1 - first appearance of Magneto.
- Giant-Sized Fantastic Four #4 - first appearance of Jamie Madrox
- Defenders #16 - Magneto turned into a baby
Links and References
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 04/25/2009
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men #5 - See for further referencing
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men Vol 2 #2 - See for further referencing
- ↑ This story is reprinted in the following comics/TPB's:
|Like this? Let us know!|