- All the things we built are falling down. Do you feel it? The Brotherhood. Xavier's Academy. They've all become irrelevant now. Or been rendered into ash and tallow, like Genosha.
- -- Mystique
Appearing in "Blinded by the Light (Part I of IV)"
- Cable (Nathan Summers) (Leaves team)
- Cannonball (Sam Guthrie)
- Iceman (Robert Drake)
- Lady Mastermind (Regan Wyngarde) (Leaves team)
- Mystique (Raven Darkholme) (Leaves team)
- Omega Sentinel (Karima Shapandar) (Possessed by Malice) (Leaves team)
- Rogue (Anna Marie)
- Beast (Hank McCoy)
- Colossus (Piotr Rasputin)
- Cyclops (Scott Summers)
- Emma Frost
- Wolverine (Logan)
- Pacific Ocean
- New York State
Synopsis for "Blinded by the Light (Part I of IV)"
After dealing with the Hecatomb, the X-Men rendezvous back at Mystique's old home in Mississippi. Rogue is having difficulty sorting through the eight billion minds that she had recently absorbed. Iceman grows concerned and radios the home team. Scott tells him that they will regroup with the rest of the team to help out. While Rogue performs a recon of the property, Iceman and Mystique share a tender moment. Omega Sentinel goes into the kitchen to perform a diagnostics check. Upon doing so however, something overtakes her and she begins acting strangely. Cannonball goes upstairs to check on Rogue who is reminiscing about her childhood.
On Providence, Cable scours through the wreckage suffered during the Hecatomb debacle. He brings an updated version of the Professor back online, and the artificial intelligence warns him that there are two other life signs on the island. Suddenly, Gambit and Sunfire, two former Horsemen of Apocalypse, appear on the island and begin attacking Cable. Evading several deadly explosions, Cable races inside the facility and activates a computer sequence using the spoken command "Requiem". As Sunfire closes in on him, a massive explosion tears through Providence.
Back in Mississippi, Cyclops, Emma and Wolverine arrive to check on Rogue. Emma performs a psychic diagnosis and learns that the eight billion minds trapped inside of Rogue's body are greatly weakening her conscious mind. Emma prepares to erect some psychic barriers to protect Rogue's psyche. During the process, Omega Sentinel enters the room and blasts Emma. As the X-Men turn in shock, they discover that Omega Sentinel is now possessed by a digitized version of Malice.
Malice's colleagues, the Marauders burst into the house and begin fighting with the X-Men. The X-Men don't understand how the Marauders could have entered the dwelling undetected. Lady Mastermind reveals herself as a traitor and is responsible for masking the Marauders presence. The Marauders also have another ally within the X-Men ranks – Mystique. In the heat of battle, Mystique draws her sidearm and shoots Rogue squarely in the chest. As Rogue lies bleeding at her feet, Mystique commands, "Mission parameters stand, Marauders. Kill them all!"
Appearing in "Endangered Species (Part I of XVII)"
- Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) (Only in flashback)
- Dr. Kavita Rao (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- High Evolutionary (Herbert Wyndham) (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Arnim Zola (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Doctor Doom (Victor von Doom) (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Mister Sinister (Nathaniel Essex) (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- M.O.D.O.K. (George Tarleton) (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Pandemic (Richard Palance) (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Mojo (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Spiral (Ricochet Rita) (Behind the scenes) (Mentioned in the resume of Uncanny X-Men #488)
- Sugar Man (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Blob (Fred Dukes) (Only in flashback)
- Magma (Amara Aquilla) (Only in flashback)
- Antonio (Only in flashback)
- Danielle Moonstar (Only in flashback)
- Fantastic Four (Only in flashback)
- Iron Man (Tony Stark) (Only in flashback)
- Rictor (Julio Richter) (Only in flashback)
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Only in flashback)
- Yellowjacket (Hank Pym) (Only in flashback)
- House of M (Only in flashback)
- Bishop (Lucas Bishop) (Only in flashback)
- Cyclops (Scott Summers) (Only in flashback)
- Daredevil (Matt Murdock) (Only in flashback)
- Magneto (Erik Magnus) (Only in flashback)
- Nightcrawler (Kurt Darkholme) (Only in flashback)
- Sauron (Karl Lykos) (Only in flashback)
- Scarlet Witch (Wanda Magnus) (Only in flashback)
- She-Hulk (Jennifer Walters) (Only in flashback)
- Thomas Magnus (Only in flashback)
- William Magnus (Only in flashback)
- Wolverine (James Howlett) (Only in flashback)
- New York State (Main story and flashback)
Synopsis for "Endangered Species (Part I of XVII)"
Realizing that mutantkind is on the verge of extinction, Hank McCoy struggles to find a way to reverse the effects of the Scarlet Witch's spell, and repopulate the species. Desperate for any solution, McCoy even goes to the extreme of begging assistance from the super-villain community.
- This issue shipped on June 27th, 2007. It was released with two variant cover editions. The standard edition featured a wrap-around cover illustrated by Humberto Ramos, Tim Townsend and Edgar Delgado. The variant edition featured a gatefold cover illustrated by David Finch.
- This second story in this issue is an Endangered Species crossover, and follows events that took place in X-Men: Endangered Species #1. It continues in Uncanny X-Men #488. "Endangered Species" builds on events that originally began in the House of M storyline, and will lead into the Messiah Complex storyline.
- "Endangered Species (Part I)" includes multiple flashbacks of events that took place during the House of M storyline. Other flashbacks include events chronicled in the Generation M limited series.
- This issue includes a pin-up gallery featuring illustrations of the following:
- This issue also includes a double-page reproduction of the David Finch gatefold cover along with an enumerated character guide.
Links and References
|Like this? Let us know!|