- What a tough guy you are Sabretooth.
- -- Rogue
Appearing in "The Hearts of Thieves"
- X-Men (Blue Team)
- Henri LeBeau (Only in flashback)
- Wolverine (Logan) (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Graydon Creed (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Leni Zauber (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Sabretooth (Creed) (Main story and flashback)
- Unnamed French garçon
- Genevieve Darceneaux (First appearance) , a French woman - (Only in flashback)
- Martin Herzog, a French financier - (Only in flashback)
- United States of America
- Memory image inducer
Synopsis for "The Hearts of Thieves"
Rogue gets Sabretooth to tell her about Gambit's time in Paris. Sabretooth tells of a woman named Genevieve, who had stolen a pendant from a man, and Sabretooth was hired to take it back. When Sabretooth attacked her, Gambit appeared and defended her. After Sabretooth retreats, he decides to tail Remy to figure out if he is a threat. When Gambit meets up with his brother, Sabretooth learns that Gambit's mission is to steal the pendant as well. While he tails Remy for the next few days, he watches as Remy slowly steals the heart of Genevieve. After fully capturing her heart and spending the night together, he steals the pendant and leaves with a skip in his step. After watching this enjoyable performance, Sabretooth abducts both Genevieve and Gambit's brother and tells him to meet him at Notre Dame. When Gambit arrives, Sabretooth makes Gambit choose between Genevieve and Henri: save one, and the other dies in order to obtain the pendant. Gambit throws the pendant to Sabretooth, and he drops the ropes. Gambit chooses his brother and catches him, but it comes at the expense of Genevieve's life. Rogue leaves after Sabretooth finishes his story and runs into Gambit, who tries to tell her he's a different man then back then.
- This issue contains a Marvel Vision preview for May's hottest comics.
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
Links and References
- X-Men at Wikipedia
- X-Men at Marvel Subscriptions
- X-Men series index at Comicbookdb.com
- X-Men series index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- X-Men series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 01/10/2010
|Like this? Let us know!|