The dark history of Arakko will soon be revealed, and when it is, the very future of mutantkind will be at stake. Now, witness the cataclysmic showdown between the sword bearers of Arakko and the ten mutants who will stand up to defend the new mutant nation of Krakoa in Pepe Larraz’s breathtaking key art for X OF SWORDS. This fateful clash and many others are what await readers in this crossover epic written by Jonathan Hickman, Tini Howard, and all the current writers of your favorite X-Men titles. The next chapter in Hickman’s bold reshaping of the X-Men that began in House of X, this story will stand alongside influential X-Men crossovers like The Mutant Massacre and Messiah CompleX. The victories will be legendary, the losses will be heartbreaking, and the revelations will send shockwaves throughout the Marvel Universe. This sprawling saga will have a lasting impact on the future of the X-Men, forever changing the fate of the franchise’s most prominent characters.
"X of Swords: Creation"
- The event was first hinted at in a roundtable discussion with the X-Men editors on January 13, 2020, and further teased with a mysterious image on February 27. It was then officially announced on February 28, during C2E2.
- A prologue for this event was featured in Free Comic Book Day 2020 (X-Men/Dark Ages).
- Marvel reprinted the recommended issues leading to the event in Marvel Tales: Captain Britain #1.
- X of Swords Handbook #1 is set to be released as a complement to the event.
- The title is derived from the tarot card Ten of Swords.
- The event is built in a similar manner to X-Tinction Agenda.
Path to X of Swords
- Pages referring to "X of Swords"
- Minor Appearances of "X of Swords"
- Media "X of Swords" was Mentioned in
- Images showing "X of Swords"
- Event Gallery: X of Swords
Links and References
- ↑ Morse, Ben (January 13, 2020). A Roundtable Discussion with the X-Men Editorial Team. Marvel.com. Retrieved on March 14, 2020.
- ↑ Marvel Eintertainment (February 27, 2020). Friday 2/28 – 2:30PM CT – Room S401 – C2E2 #MarvelComics. Twitter. Retrieved on March 14, 2020.
- ↑ The Next Great X-Men Crossover Arrives This Summer. Marvel.com (February 28, 2020). Retrieved on March 14, 2020.
- ↑ Anderson, Jenna (March 5, 2020). Jonathan Hickman and C.B. Cebulski Talk "X of Swords" and Dawn of X's Future. ComicBook.com. Retrieved on March 14, 2020.