The Isle of Xapur was an island off the southeastern coast of the Vilayet Sea, where was set Dagonia, or Dagon, capital city of the ancient empire of Dagonia, extinct since before the Hyborian Age.
Khosatral Khel, likely the offspring of the aquatic monster and possible Old One Dagon, stalked the world like a god, as no earthly weapon could harm him. Eventually, he came across the primitive inhabitants of the island of Xapur, and he gave them culture and civilization as he was pleased to so. Aided by him, the Dagonians built the city of Dagonia, and worshiped him.
Yuetshi enslavement and unrest
After many ages, a brutish people, self-styled Yuetshi, came to Dagonia's shore. After a fierce battle, Khosatral Khel's sorcery defeated them, and and they were enslaved and sacrificed for nearly a generation
Their priest eventually went into the wilderness and returned with a knife forged of a meteor which had fallen in a far valley. Upon the priest's return, the Yuetshi revolted, slaughtered the Dagonians, as the magic of Khosatral Khel was impotent before the blade. The Dagonians were protected in the fortress capital city of Dagonia by that same magic. Khosatral Khel and the priest fought. The priest managed to defeat and imprison Khosatral Khel, instead of slaying him, wishing to hold the threat of reviving him against his own rebellious subjects.
The isle of Xapur was an island off the southeastern coast of the Vilayet Sea.
Points of Interest
- The Isle of Xapur was created by Robert E. Howard in "Devil in Iron" (adapted in Savage Sword of Conan #15; October, 1976).
- 1 Appearances of Xapur
- Minor Appearances of Xapur
- 6 Media Xapur was Mentioned in
- Images featuring Xapur
- Location Gallery: Xapur
- 3 locations in Xapur
Links and References
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Savage Sword of Conan #15; The Devil in Iron, Prologue
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Savage Sword of Conan #15; The Devil in Iron, Part II: The Magic of Khosatral Khel
- ↑ Savage Sword of Conan #105; The Crypt
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Savage Sword of Conan #31; A Gazetteer of the Hyborian Age, Part II: Dagon's entry
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Savage Sword of Conan #31; A Gazetteer of the Hyborian Age, Part II: Dagonia's entry
- ↑ Savage Sword of Conan #35; A Gazetteer of the Hyborian Age, Part IV: Isle of Xapur's entry
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 Savage Sword of Conan #42; A Gazetteer of the Hyborian Age, Part IX: Xapur, Isle of's entry
- ↑ All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Update #3; Annunaki's entry, Dagon's second paragraph
- ↑ Savage Sword of Conan #42; A Gazetteer of the Hyborian Age, Part IX: Yuetshi's entry
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Savage Sword of Conan #15; The Devil in Iron, Part I
- ↑ Savage Sword of Conan #15; The Devil in Iron, Part III: The Many Faces of Death