When the Serpent returned to Midgard, he summoned various Hammers to Earth. One, the Hammer of Angrir, landed on Yancy Street and, when claimed, transformed the Thing into Angrir, Breaker of Souls. He then destroyed part of Yancy Street in a single attack.
When the Richards family returned from their year-long multiversal adventure and learned that the Baxter Building had been occupied by the brand new team the Fantastix, Ben offered to let them stay at 4 Yancy Street, which he owned.
Points of Interest
- Yancy Street is depicted as intersecting with Tenth Avenue in Fantastic Four #15 and 4th Street in Fantastic Four (Vol. 6) #11, neither of which is located on the Lower East Side.
- Ben Grimm's house on Yancy Street is shown near an intersection with Garden Street in Earth X #2 – a possible wordplay on the real-life Orchard Street which crosses Delancey Street.
- Yancy Street is apparently a long-standing area of almost historic proportions. Jeff Mace noted growing up there prior to World War II, as did Steve Rogers and Nick Fury.
- According to The Marvel Comics Guide to New York City, Stan Lee and Jack Kirby named Yancy Street in reference to Delancey Street.
- 197 appearance(s) of Yancy Street
- 6 minor appearance(s) of Yancy Street
- 48 mentions of Yancy Street
- 23 image(s) of Yancy Street
- 3 article(s) related to Yancy Street