Appearing in "DYS"
- Avengers Unity Squad
Races and Species:
- Prime Marvel Universe
- Mother's Home Dimension
Synopsis for "DYS"
Hulkling comes downstairs to find a seemingly innocent scene, with his mother, rescued by Wiccan from time and space before her death, cooking breakfast for Wiccan’s foster parents, who were seemingly killed last issue. Soon cracks begin to show, however, as all the adults begin acting strangely. Realizing something has gone terribly wrong, Wiccan tries to undo his spell, but Mother is too powerful to be shunted away, and causes Wiccan to pass out. Hulkling lashes out, punching Mother’s face-off but it quickly reforms. In horror, Hulkling smashes through the wall and flies away with Wiccan.
They go to the Avengers mansion to seek help from the Avengers Unity Squad and specifically Scarlet Witch. Unfortunately, the Avengers only escort them back home. The Avengers, clearly under a magical spell, cannot perceive Hulking and Wiccan being wrapped up in goo in front of their eyes; the boys are imprisoned in little white boxes, like comic book panels, presumably outside of space and time. Fortunately, Loki appears to break him out, and tells him he has set free an interdimensional parasite, despite his own attempts to stop it from happening. He breaks Hulkling out too and they teleport away, to Loki’s favorite diner.
Loki says he has ideas for vanquishing the parasite but they will have to trust him. They talk it over as Loki orders more food. They decide to accept his help, but to ensure that Loki has no tricks up his sleeve they fly to Asgardia over Oklahoma. Laufey the Frost Giant appears and thanks them for returning the wayward Loki, which surprise them all because they thought he was dead.
• Has Wiccan made a horrible mistake that comes back to bite everyone on their communal posteriors? Spoilers: Yes.
• Does this guest star the Uncanny Avengers? Spoilers: Also Yes.
• A figure from Loki’s past emerges. Friend? Foe? What will it be? Spoilers: It’s Foe.
• And much more from Marvel’s most critically acclaimed book. Yes, we’re saying it’s critically acclaimed and it’s not even out yet. We are very bad.
- The recap page is a parody to the social media platform Tumblr, here it's called "Yamblr", the two first letters for the initials of Young Avengers.
- Takes place after Uncanny Avengers #4.
|Like this? Let us know!|