Nakayama Variant Textless
Races and Species:
You’ve seen Earth’s Mightiest Heroes face off against a raging zombie virus — now, go back to the beginning in this special prelude issue of the epic manga adaptation! The Avengers risk their lives to make the world a safer place for all, oftentimes suffering severe injury and great loss. When Tony Stark faces a more personal threat — one leveled against Pepper Potts — the risk is too great to ignore, and he’s forced to act fast. What lengths will Tony go to in order to keep Pepper safe? Iron Man is an important part of his life, but can he figure out a way to replace the armor and step away from being an Avenger, if that’s what it takes? There are some things more menacing than monsters.
- The story takes place between Marvel's The Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron.
- Zombies Assemble appears to take place after Iron Man 3 as Tony and Pepper live in Stark Tower, and Tony started the story wearing what appears to be the MK XLIII Armor, but wears the standard MK XLII Armor in subsequent chapters. Additionally, in this chapter, Captain America is depicted wearing his Avengers: Age of Ultron uniform, while Black Widow sports a hairstyle similar to the ones she wore in Marvel's The Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron (in subsequent chapters, Black Widow has a hairstyle similar to the one she had in Captain America: The Winter Soldier instead).
- Bruce Banner tells Tony that he's not Tony's therapist, a reference to the post-credits ending of Iron Man 3.
- At the end of the story, Tony gets the idea to create Ultron.
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|