Origin and Early Years
Zvilpogghua, the Feaster From the Stars, was one of the Great old ones of Lovecraft. It was cast into "The Abyss", the N-Zone, by the ancestors of Atlantis and their Old Gods, and remained there sleeping for millions of years.
He manifested himself when the Fantastic Four traveled into the N-Zone. Johnny Storm, considered the most powerful host, was infected with Zvilpogghua, who initially appeared as a parasite growing in his stomach. After failing to remove the parasite, Reed Richards was forced to turn to Doctor Doom for assistance. Using ancient magical texts recovered from Atlantis, Doom was able to remove Zvilpogghua from Johnny's body (although he intended to have it banished and not trapped in the physical world). Zvilpogghua then possessed Doom (while Reed Richards inhabited his body), and was carried into the Zombie Universe by Doom (who rejoined his mind and body and sacrificed himself.
Zvilpogghua seeks the most powerful form it can find, then uses them to consume everything around it.
Zvilpogghua was considered a planet-threatening entity, and has demonstrated several powers, including:
- Zvilpogghua was created in The Lurker at the Treshold (published in 1946), a story written by August Derleth from fragments written by H.P. Lovecraft with the name taken from "From the Parchments of Pnom" by Clark Ashton Smith.
- 3 Appearances of Zvilpogghua (Earth-1610)
- Minor Appearances of Zvilpogghua (Earth-1610)
- Media Zvilpogghua (Earth-1610) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Zvilpogghua (Earth-1610)
- Quotations by or about Zvilpogghua (Earth-1610)
- Character Gallery: Zvilpogghua (Earth-1610)
- Zvilpogghua at the Marvel Appendix
- Zvilpogghua at the H.P. Lovecraft Wiki
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|